Friday, February 17, 2006

Thanks, Blaurb

Thanks to Blaurb for the resolutions! I look forward to the lattes in the morning. Well I'm back again for a post. Things have been pretty ho-hum for me these days, as I spend them being a T.A. and a graduate student here at UCSD. I think I have decided I want to start a book club here. As a grad student, I really spend very little time reading books for leisure (not that I was ever really a heavy reader), and my stack of books I want to read has gotten larger and larger ever since I got here. I guess a book club for my fellow first years will have to wait until after quals though, which comes around in May, I believe. Anyways, here are selections from my own personal book list, that I hope I will be able to read sometime in the near future:

- The Search by John Batelle (essentially a biography of Google)
- The Universe in a Single Atom: the Convergence of Science and Spirituality by the Dalai Lama
- The Essays of Warren Buffet: Lessons for Corporate America
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- The World is Flat by Thomas L. Friedman
- The Wisdom of Crowds by James Surowiecki
- Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
- On Intelligence by Jeff Hawkins

Alas, I probably won't get through this list before 2007 rolls around, but maybe. Perhaps that shall me one of my real resolutions. =)

On an entirely separate note, I came across some hilarious Brokeback Mountain parodies, and here are some links:


And an old favorite, found while browsing YouTube.com,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home