Wednesday, May 18, 2005

So I thought I lost my identity...

When going down to sign papers with thefacebook, I had to bring along my driver's license as well as my social security card for them to make copies. I happily obliged, and after signing, went on with my day, visiting Hanna at Stanford (which is like literally across the street from thefacebook's offices) and shopping at Target before going to dinner with a family friend, before going home. When I got home I realized that I didn't have my social security card and my driver's license, and felt completely stupid. I had some spare time before the dinner, so I decided to clean up my car to free it from the various papers I had amassed, and I could only assume I had thrown my cards away along with the trash, since I recall getting my cards back and putting them in my pocket. I spent hte next day scheduling an appointment at the DMV and filling out the paperwork to get my social security card back, and worrying about identity theft if some bum in Palo Alto (yeah that city is totally over-run with bums, unlike Berkeley) picks up my stuff. A day later, after I apply for a new social security card (which is free, btw), I get an email from thefacebook that we had left my cards in the copier. This once again proves to me that none of us is dumber than all of us (echoing that awesome Teamwork poster from Despair, Inc.). Crisis averted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home